They seems to really embrace open social media. I have a couple of questions to see what their true intension is. It is assumed that they would federate with fediverse soon (plenty of reports of that already)

1. Would they support 3rd party apps to browse their contents without ads/tracking? I do not mind paying if true
  2. If I do not agree with how they moderate/treat users, can I move somewhere else (aka another Threads instance)? Can another Threads instance even be set up independently or they are the only player
  3. Would they contribute their improvements on Threads to ActivityPub (after thorough community review of course)?
  4. What contributions have they made so far to fediverse?

All I want to see is if they should be considered a member of the fediverse and play by the rules that all other members follow. the answer would make the decision around federation/defederation easy

Edit:typo and added the last paragraph

• Wander@yiffit.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think you’re way too optimistic. Threads is a closed ecosystem at the moment.

• rm_dash_r_star@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I tried going to threads.net on desktop browser just to spy on the enemy. uBlock Origin didn’t like it one bit, blocked a bunch of stuff that wouldn’t let it open (I’m running a slightly more aggressive blocker configuration). I’m scared to trust it and see what it looks like.

• Jackie@socel.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

@tenth still fucking mind-blown how people just forget that this is facebook that’s entering the fediverse like a parasite.