I know they roughly explained why, but it seems pretty insane they jumped the gun without having any of the users input and want people to go to another instance just for that community

• ManuelC@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t agree with their decision but I understand their reasons. Probably the new instance is more suitable for the community, however they were growing in one of the biggest Lemmy instances. I think the best they could’ve done was to ask the community. Despite of that, I expect the android community to continue growing as it was before moving.

• Vamp@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

I can understand that instead of the others commenting, but I don’t really agree with the idea of them arbitrarily deciding they can do whatever they want with the community and punish the users who weren’t aware of that and don’t want to move and or check to another place.

Seems a bit barbaric and awkwardtheturtle esk imo to just do a bunch of stuff without asking the community if they’d like to switch, they just decided “no we’re going to close and you’re gonna like it” essentially lol