Image transcript:

The “what if you wanted to go to heaven, but god said ____” meme template, but here it says, “What if you wanted to walk to get groceries, but city planners said DRIVE”. The last panel is an image of a massive freeway full of cars.

• ThatFembyWho@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

This what I never understood.

Where I lived, in high school (age 15-16) everyone was expected to get a license and car ASAP. I was like, why? To get to your job. For what? To earn money to pay for the car, gas, insurance, etc.

So you want me to work a job I don’t need to pay for the gas for a car I don’t want, so I can be miserable in school?!

And if you looked at the driving records of my peers who had cars… Not pretty. A lot of totalled sports cars.

• CsikosPite@lemmings.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I get you. I used to go to school with bike. Its a 30-40 min journey in one way. That was the best time in my life. I liked to see the sunrise, fell the wind, goig anywhere I want. I don’t want a car too much stuff.

• ThatFembyWho@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Believe it or not working at McDonalds in your “spare” time when you’re already school full time and an athlete, isnt a whole lotta fun xD

And when there was something going in, they would ask if we needed a ride, bc plenty of us didn’t have cars. Our idea of fun was like DnD or Risk on the weekends…

What I do wish is that I had found some kind of summer internship or something that could build my skills, because I was quite into coding as a hobby.