I don’t really see the point of this. It’s just adding complexity for the sake of it. As far as I can tell when you change gear it just changes some software parameters, there are no physical gears. Yet there’s a clutch and the ability to stall?

• Captain Aggravated@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I’ve not seen an attempt to make a practical electric motorcycle. I’ve only ever seen attempts at superbikes. Give me an electric Ninja 250, something that can comfortably handle a couple hours of highway driving so you could handle a commute from one small town to another small town and I think it would be an actual product.

• Aux@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

There are plenty of practical e-motobikes, they’re just made for people in normal countries where you don’t need to ride for more than 10-20km.

• SuperSpruce@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Kawasaki recently launched some entry level electric Ninjas, but they’re complete garbage for the price. $8000 for a bike with 10hp, 55mph top speed, and 55 miles of range. That should’ve been $4000 or less.

Just get a $3500 Grom with the same power and speed but also the fun of a mini-bike or a $6000 Ninja 400 with 5x the power and still 55mpg.

Kawasaki also just announced a hybrid Ninja motorcycle that actually looks really intriguing, but we don’t know the price yet.