I’m reposting the stuff I made on Reddit.
To a better, Redditless future!

• BruceTwarzen@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

God I haven’t used amazon in years. And even then i used it mainly to find something or get an idea. I was looking for a fun gift for my nephew and it’s absolutely disgusting. FUN KID TOY, HD 4K RACE CAR NEW ITEM FORTNITE MINECRAFT.
        That’s most descriptions and the ratings are beyond useless.

• SickPanda@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

Yup, all 1, 4 and 5 star ratings are basically useless. They are either bought by competitors to lower their rating or bought by themselves to raise the rating. I’ve seen documentary about this stuff. There are groups on Facebook and Telegram (that’s a massenger like WhatsApp) where you get product XY for free (mostly trash from aliexpress/Alibaba) for a 5 star rating.

• Sigfried@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Not really, depends where you live. I also know many things are factored in Amazon pricing, like shipping, It’s just a joke.

• BassaForte@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Amazon is a lot cheaper than most big box stores by me. And it’s also frustrating because big box stores often don’t have the specific item I’m looking for. Amazon is reasonably priced and has everything.

• SupraMario@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

It’s basically resold drop ship stuff…shit on temu being sold on Amazon for 2xs the price. It used to be the cheapest but not really anymore.

• unhappy_grapefruit 2@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

I’ve honestly found a lot of underpriced gems on amazon a decent major brand 1tb integral ssd for £30 a cheap and cheerful pc case which I’ve used and built in before > ionz kz18 > and my trusty aoc gm500 which has to be one of the best mice I’ve used and it costed me £6 you find some especially good stuff on amazon warehouse aswell

• LemmyIsFantastic@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Jesus Christ. You people twist reality like creationists.

I hope to God you don’t go around saying this shit IRL. People must look at you funny if so.