Screenshots of Boost for Lemmy included.

• limecool@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

If you are using hacker news on mobile. I would recommend Glider. It’s a smooth hacker news client. Unfortunately, the dev had his app removed from the play store for reasons but you can access it from its github or fdroid.

• limecool@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Play Store has strict rules for apps with user generated content. You have to provide ways to block and report users/content to stay on the play store. Glider didn’t provide a way to automatically report things by the user as hacker news doesn’t provide one. So, google suspended it. Here’s the github issue if you are interested: https://github.com/Mosc/Glider/issues/83

• sarsaparilyptus@lemmy.fmhy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

Yeah I’ve seen a few things get messed up by that idiotic rule. When you euphemistically say “reasons” in italics, it sounds worse than it is. I assumed you were trying to gently tell people “Google suspended the dev for being racist” or something.

• limecool@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

It had been a while since i last remembered it, but i knew the reason was stupid. So, I had written reasons in italic. But, I guess that was up for open interpretation and that included questionable stuff.

• rbits@lemmy.fmhy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Love the app. Especially love the catch up feature. My only major problem with it is in a thread with lots of comments, tht don’t all load at once, and if you try to collapse a comment and scroll down, it goes crazy while it loads all the replies to the comment you collapsed, meaning I have to wait for all the comments to load before I can read anything.