I’m a huge Ravens fan, and it was a huge offseason for us. Reports out of camp are that David Ojabo looks great and is giving our O line some troubles in practice.

He’d be my answer as our edge presence desperately needs “that guy” and Ojabo has all the tools. Hopefully his injury didn’t limit his explosiveness to much, still young and still motivated!

Now you guys go!

• MrAstroman@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Yeah very true Mills is definitely more of a safety than a CB (I’m sure the plan was to use him as such), and he is for sure going to be playing a lot of CB with out Jack Jones. Idk who we’re going to put on TEs over the middle like you said, Marcus Jones is too small, it’ll be interesting to see what they do. But that’s why I’m so excited to see Gonzalez. If he has a solid year all we need is a CB2 next year and we’ll be cooking with gas, which shouldn’t be too hard to find.

• conciselyverbose@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

A couple friends/whoever asked who I wanted going into the draft, and my answer was “pipe dream, but Christian Gonzalez. Since that’s not possible, I guess…” I was going nuts when they traded out with him on the board.

I guess they had a good idea what the next guys were going to do, but I just thought the difference between him and anyone else on the board was way too big to take even a small risk with it. Since they got the guy, I’m obviously extremely happy with the outcome, but they had me real nervous.

I think he’s the real deal. There might be growing pains like Gilmore because they’ll just throw so much at him, especially because they seem to like the brain and think he can handle it, but he’s just such a blend of traits with fucking great hips and movement skills.