• Scrabbone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Element as matrix client. It has some bugs and glitches but is the current best matrix client and the matrix protocol is the best communication protocol i know.

• xill47@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I recently started beta-testing Beeper. I was on the hunt/wait for a nice to use client that would be finally able to get all my messengers into a single window for a very very long time (when all my massaging was through XMPP, ICQ and Skype I used to use Trillian), and it is almost it: Telrgram, WhatsApp, SMS and Discord DMs/chat channels in a single app/window.

• xill47@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Keep in mind I value convinience over privacy, but still am mindful about what I send where. Beeper server is not open source, but their bridges are (and encrypt messages before sending to server), and you are able to self host them, I saw in community chat room that some people do that for Signal, so everything is E2E encrypted on hardware under user control.

• awderon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

In the current times Signal is the only viable way on mobile. On PC Matrix is a good alternative for chatrooms with friends.