Hello! I am currently living in Stockholm, and I have received a job offer in Nuremberg. I am almost decided to move again, but I would like to hear opinions about the city from other people. My main interest is mountain biking, and it is very nice in Sweden, but I think that around Nuremberg is pretty good as well, so if anyone has any tips about it I appreciate it as well!

/Xtract

• xtract@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

That’s probably what I am used to, Swedes are very nice people but it takes years for them to open up, and so far I have mostly managed to become real friends with those who have been exposed to the expat community. In any case, I assume learning German is going to be an important step to socialize fully.

• morix@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Note that they’re introverted compared to a Rheinländer. They’re still way more open and outgoing than e.g. Northerners. It’s just that Rheinländer are the most extroverted Germans.

• losch@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

[…] I assume learning German is going to be an important step to socialize fully.

yeah Nürnberg doesn’t have an established university and shares the major one from Erlangen, because of this you will find probably more English speaking people in Erlangen. But subcultures don’t align general rules.