• atocci@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Is Blind some kind of a discussion board? I’m not familiar with it. Is there a way to know for sure this person works for Twitter?

• SirNuke@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s where a lot of tech employees hang out. You have to verify that you have an email address with the company’s domain to post, but otherwise super anonymous. It can be super toxic and you see a lot of fake posts, plus your account isn’t revoked after you leave the company, but the original OP definitely has/had a Twitter email address.

• herzberd@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s been a long time since I was on blind but I recall them asking you to provide your work email to verify your employer. Don’t recall them actually sending anything so not entirely sure how it verified. Blind is definitely a mixed bag of a platform, super toxic with people dick measuring over TC but also decent for getting word of what’s coming your way (layoffs, etc)

• lozunn@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Most probably this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_(app)

Blind is an app that provides an anonymous forum and community for verified employees to discuss issues. Users on Blind are grouped by topics, company and their broader industry. The app verifies that the registered users actually work in the company through their work email and claims to keep user identities untraceable.

• whoami@lemmy.world
      cake
      OP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

On one hand, ex-employees being able to set their own contracting rate to literally whatever in order to get the platform working again can certainly sound like a good idea. On the other hand, the slimy feeling of having helped one of Musk’s ventures endure will never really come off no matter how hard one washes.