Reddit isn’t profitable, despite having more than 50 million daily active users. In preparation for an IPO, CEO Steve Huffman put the platform’s API

• zeppo@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I wish people would stop using imgur. It’s entirely unnecessary for posting single images. Also, I use noscript and the number of external websites imgur loads scripts from tripled sometime last year, and now it doesn’t even work to display a single image unless you enable who-knows-what sites (most sites, it’s easy to tell which ones are necessary - for imgur, it isn’t). Even worse it flashes the image and then it disappears without JS enabled for whatever domains it needs. So people using imgur is enabling all sorts of ad tech/privacy invasion companies to track whoever clicks on their photo, for no real reason.

• Randy_Bobandy@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I learned about catbox.moe recently. It’s pretty great. Simple interface, uploads up to 200mb, files are kept forever, and when you upload a picture, it gives you the actual direct link to the image; not like every other image hoster that gives you a link to the “image page”, then you have to right click on the image and copy the link address to actually get the direct link.

Only thing that sucks is it doesn’t strip exif data from the pictures uploaded, but not a huge deal since I just use it for memes and random pics anyway.