It should come as no surprise that the lemmy.ml admin team took about 2 minutes to decide to pre-emptively block threats / Meta. Their transparent and opportunistic scheme to commodify the fediverse and it’s users will not be allowed to proceed.

We strongly encourage other instance administrators to do the same, given the grave threat they pose to the fediverse.

• odbol@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

How does it even work though? I haven’t seen any Mastodon or other fediverse posts on Lemmy. What sub would the Threads posts appear in?

• yoichi@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Threads themselves have not federated yet, but the threat is that they could at some point in the future. So, you will not see posts from Threads on any instance right now

• Meow.tar.gz@lemmy.goblackcat.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Threads still hasn’t implemented the ActivityPub protcol yet but I think it could happen any week or month now. The best course of action is a preemptive block.

• Meow.tar.gz@lemmy.goblackcat.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s interesting because I have not seen anything federate from my Mastodon instance to my Lemmy one. I have seen things federate from my Lemmy one to my Mastodon one. Maybe some of the implementation of ActivityPub is still being worked out?