I try everything I can, music, animation, art, programming, even Sports yet no one understands me!

It’s so hard to live with autism, and I’m wondering how I can get help. 😩

• vaseltarp@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

That is a straw-man argument because no one is claiming Jesus lives in the way you are describing it. Also you didn’t even look into the link because your “argument” is not addressing any of the arguments in there.

• nyoooom@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I honestly don’t really care, you are free to live your religion the way you want, but I don’t think it’s okay to bring that forward on a post about autism and mental health. How would you feel if someone else posted that “Allah can help them”? Your comment just feels pushy about your religion without providing any other useful input to OP’s problem.

• vaseltarp@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

I told them that because I really believe that the one person who can help them is Jesus and because I want them to get better. Do you have any advice that could help them?

Btw here is a video of someone with a mental illness where Jesus helped: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9a6U-BF-T6g

• nyoooom@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

Whether or not I have advice for them is not part of the debate.

That video is just anecdotal evidence, there is also plenty of evidence of religions creating a lot of suffering, particularly mental health issues related to education due to beliefs (for example for LGBTQIA+ community, which has a lot of overlap with the neurodivergent community).

• xophos
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

since @vaseltarp@lemmy.world likes history so much, they should take a look at the crusades, or the inquisition. Religion does enough evil things nowadays but those were real low points.

• vaseltarp@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            8 months ago

Fact is you are not even try to help them you are only trying to prevent them from trying if someone/something can help them.

• nyoooom@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              8 months ago

The votes on your original comment tells me I’m not the only one thinking that kind of suggestion is not very welcomed into this community.

I think you would be better off trying to sell your parasocial relationship with antiquity dude to other people on the internet than here.

• vaseltarp@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                8 months ago

I don’t give a f* what those people think if there is a chance that someone could get help.

• xophos
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

All “arguments” in your text are just stories. Not a single fact in sight. But the word fact is repeated ad nauseam. As if it is trying to summon facts from thin air by invoking the word often enough.