-=Help needed=-

I’m trying to remote into my Deck desktop. I have tried a number of things, searched all day, and I can’t find anything that actually works.

Steam Link does NOT work as advertised. I can stream my PC (Win11) desktop TO my deck with a Fair connection and no issues. But my PC can NOT connect the other way, it always shows Slow connection and steamdeck offline. I’m on a wired home LAN and I’ve tried WiFi as well. I’ve watched “fix your SteamLink connection” videos and read everything but nothing changes it.

AnyDesk was pulled from Flatpak, so every search suggesting that option seems to be null and void. I don’t know if or how any other version of Linux AnyDesk might work, or how. And I can’t find anything other than “It’s on Discover”. Not anymore it isn’t.

KDE Connect doesn’t seem to do much other than let me transfer files. I can mouse click but not move the mouse. I don’t see many options here to get it to do what I need.

I want to remotely navigate the Desktop mode from my Windows PC. It shouldn’t be this hard. Anyone encounter or understand a solution that could explain it in better than one sentence worth? I’m trying to learn but it’s just brutal out there.

#Steamdeck