Only 17% of Arab American voters say they will vote for Biden in 2024, according to a new poll.

• Pottsunami@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

So they’re going to vote for Trump? Trump is a very strong ally to Israel. Trump certified their land grab of the golan heights. Best guess is he would certify the land grab of all of gaza

• mlg@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

No, they just probably won’t vote at all or vote for a third party who won’t win.

Not that it’s a good idea, but that’s what will probably happen. And tbf this is more of a problem resulting from the two party system, so most people don’t like to follow the logic of vote for the lesser evil when there are many other countries that don’t force you into such a situation on literally every political decision.

• Blackmist@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

Which is fair. Neither side really has your back on anything.

Is it better to vote for something you want and not get it, or something you don’t want and get it.

• nonailsleft@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

The Founding Fathers envisioned it this way.

After they were done slaughtering the natives

• gmtom@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

I mean a lot would vote for trump for his conservatives views, because these people only care about if you’re willing to hurt the “right” people, even if you hurt the “wrong” people as well.

• assassin_aragorn@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

The unfortunate reality is that Biden is their option that’s most likely to cause the least further harm.

• If they vote for Trump, that son of a bitch would be ordering our military to also bomb them, and telling Israel to go further.

• Third parties don’t even take themselves seriously.

• Not voting at all is still a decision, one that may result in Trump.

I’m not thrilled with Biden’s response here either, and I wish he would tell Israel they’ve gone way too far. But there’s really no other choice. The position to take here is clear, but unenviable.

• dangblingus@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

GAH ZAH. Have you seen this place? Rubble everywhere. You can’t live there. It’s in Israel, isn’t it? I say, let the Israelis have their pile of rubble. Those Palestinians don’t live there anymore, can’t imagine why! They should take all of that rubble, crush it down into TINY TINY pebbles, and dump it all on Hilary’s front lawn!