Only 17% of Arab American voters say they will vote for Biden in 2024, according to a new poll.

• Sarmyth@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

It’s gonna sound really patronizing to explain how voting works and how your vote literally counts the same as your neighbors. So, instead, I’ll ask you to complete your secondary school education on your own.

Being told your votes doesn’t count because of how the electrol college works ignores what happens when states flip by a few hundred votes. It absolutely counts. If everyone actually did vote, it’d be an interesting world.

My own self interests tend to be keeping the party in place that appoints Supreme Court justices that don’t roll back peoples rights or elects officials that implement social programs I support, like expanded healthcare, lunch programs and social services. They also take the place of politicians pushing book bans etc.

• hark@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

It’s gonna sound really patronizing because you are being patronizing. You’re also completely missing the point. My vote is counted as in they literally count the vote, but both parties bend to the wills of rich donors. The problem is that democrats are not making a difference.

Your own self interests apparently lie with the party that just sat around with their thumbs up their ass and let republicans block Obama’s last supreme court justice. Not like it matters much, because when democrats do appoint supreme court justices, they appoint the most milquetoast, spineless cowards that will uphold the failing status quo at best. The direction of the supreme court is obvious.

If you’re stupid enough to think democrats actually care about the things you’ve listed, here’s a reality check: https://www.reuters.com/article/obama-abortion/obama-says-abortion-rights-law-not-a-top-priority-idUKN2946642020090430

Obama had the chance to make a lasting difference, and he ran on such promises, but then he turned his back on those promises the second he got in. Democrats sometimes talk the talk, but they never walk the walk. Look in the mirror because you’re the prime example of what’s wrong with the democratic party, a collection of patronizing jackasses who have a savior complex but are completely worthless when it comes to real change.

• Sarmyth@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

I said it would be patronizing. I am not a school teacher. I dont have the education, tolerance, or will to explain things so obvious to someone speaking so aggressively on a subject they’ve displayed an ignorance about but speak so brazenly about.

You literally just described how the GOP did bad things the Dems failed to stop, so your choice is to not try? And demonize the group that just never (wrongfully) anticipates how evil their opponents are willing to be.

• hark@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

I pointed out how democrats don’t deliver when they have the power and don’t fight for securing what they can. You decided to ignore all that because you have your head up your ass. I’m writing aggressively to knock you off your high horse. You insult with your patronizing attitude and get surprised when you’re insulted back. Announcing that you’re going to be a jackass and then being a jackass still makes you a jackass.

You’d think after eight years of Obama getting obstructed by republicans, they’d learn something, but no, instead it’s “we have to work with the republicans” (but apparently republicans don’t need to work with them in order to achieve their goals) and “when they go low, we go high” and “America needs a strong republican party”. They’re either drooling morons or they’re doing it intentionally to convince actual drooling morons like you that their hands are tied. If you couldn’t anticipate how evil the people who pulled the southern strategy are after more than half a century, there’s just no hope.

• Sarmyth@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            8 months ago

We know how to fix it we’re just outnumbered because of all these people refusing to vote because “their voices don’t matter.” I’m preaching against it because shitheads like you literally can’t stop enacting this same self fulfilling prophecy. Meanwhile, the religious right shows up in droves coordinated from the pulpit.

People just. like. you. are fucking it up. Your solution is wrong, and you’re too adamant you know better and tell others like me we’re stupid for trying to steer the boat from the rocks. It’s like talking to an edge lord teenager.

You are the problem. We anticipate how the Republicans will act. We just couldn’t fathom there were so many inept goons falling for their bullshit and giving up the fight and trying to convince others to do the same to their own detriment like yourself.

• hark@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              8 months ago

We weren’t outnumbered when Obama got his super majority and yet he squandered it. That’s why I posted the example that I did. Obama could’ve done something about reproductive rights back then, but then he went against campaign promises and said it wasn’t a top priority. Biden got a majority and then magically Sinema and Manchin turned heel. It’s a big dumb stage play that only fools fall for.

How am I the problem? I vote democratic down the entire ballot every single election. Criticizing democrats is not the problem, it’s the criticism that keeps people aware. If anything you’re the problem telling people to just take it and vote out of shame in case “the other guy” gets in. All that accomplishes is having people stay silent with their objections while not bothering to vote because you haven’t given them an actual reason to vote. Then you’re surprised when you lose to a clown like Trump.