• xkforce@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

After I was diagnosed, I think it made it easier for me to be more forgiving of myself. Because I looked at my past differently because of it. So many things made more sense. The hypermobility (I could bend my legs far beyond what was normal when I was a kid and this is common in ADHD), feeling antsy/uncomfortable sitting still or otherwise not having anything to do, so many hobbies I went full force into until I got burned out or bored and moved on, impulsivity, feeling like you dont think like most people do, hyperfocus, skipping homework and other boring/tedious tasks, difficulty “shutting off your mind” to sleep, rejection sensitivity, feeling like your emotions are stronger or harder to control, rumination (agonizing over mistakes or social screw ups late at night), procrastination combined with extreme last minute productivity, sensory sensitivity eg. food textures, surfaces, socks etc, rambling, connecting completely disperate things/concepts together

• MrMcGasion@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Better to be hard on myself, and see it coming, than to be blindsided by an insult I didn’t plan on, and have it ruin my week.

• Beardwin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

“If someone spoke to you the way you do to you, i’d put their teeth through. Love yourself!”

• IDLES
  • Captain_Waffles@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Yep. School bullies were so much fun, it would piss them off that I wasn’t getting mad. Like try harder, I’m not even insulted yet. When your first bullies are your parents kids your age are a joke in comparison.

• DaCookeyMonsta@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

It’s such sweet relief to know exactly what is wrong with yourself at that moment. Takes the guesswork out of it.