• dotCafe@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I definitely won’t dispute that Viva New Vegas is a gold standard, but with the number of mods that even the base setup pulls in I wouldn’t really call it minimal. I think the person who was asking (and me, the last time I played NV) just wanted a simple set of mods that did the most to improve the experience, which I think that list accomplished better than the others I’d looked at.

Apart from ENB, do you know what the other problems are? I’d guess mostly the result of it being a few years out of date, but genuinely curious!

• Cowbee@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Asterra’s and WMIM have bugs associated with them.

VNV is very lightweight, and VNV extended is unnecessary if you don’t want to do the whole guide. It really is the gold standard for a reason, the input is as low as it can be for a maximum output, which I’d argue is important for most people, especially considering the problems the Vanilla game has.

It’s all up to you, of course! You can probably use Wabbajack if you wanted to, I don’t actually have a Deck yet but that’s what I’ll do once I grab the OLED model today and it finally arrives.