• narrowide96lochkreis@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

If I can make suggestion, could we have https://lemmy.world/u/Football_Vid_Bot not make a post for every single goal? It dominates my feed too much. I wake up in the morning and it’s only goals from games in the timezones West from me. I shudder to think what happens when the European leagues start again.

Maybe make the bot have a single match thread and comment all goals in there?

I get that sometimes a single goal can be worth its own post and upvotes would figure out which one that is. But for that to happen this sub is too low volume on other content and users yet?

Your opinion on this @FlayOtters@lemmy.fmhy.ml ?

• FlayOtters@lemmy.fmhy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I agree that it should be changed somehow before August comes around. Opinions seemed mixed when the bot started so I didn’t want to unilaterally change anything.

Potential options:

1. We keep it as it is now.
      2. We ask @skipseagull@lemmy.world to permanently pin a post and all goals are comments.
      3. Same as 2 but allow a select group of goals involving ~30 “big” teams to also be posted as individual posts.
      4. A pinned post for goals between a certain time i.e. European goals as new posts, everything else into a pinned post as comments.
      • skipseagull@lemmy.worldOPM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I think a daily (auto created) post with all goals as comments within it in the beginning would be the best. People can then (re)post goals they think are important to the main feed as they see fit. We can try that for a bit and see how it goes, adjust as needed etc.

• FlayOtters@lemmy.fmhy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I feel like that would miss a lot of important goals. A last minute winner for a smaller team lower down the table or an important international team goal that qualifies a team to the WC for the first time should be posted somewhere imo.

I’d also like to have the bot set up so that I don’t have to mess with it too often. When teams rise and fall in the table people will want this teams goals posted and not that teams etc.