Struggling to find a lot of music with Lidarr (New/Recent/Modern). Have a few general public/private trackers set up but still not getting many hits. From what I gather Usenet isn’t much better. And I’m not really confident in transcoding, bit rates, etc… to attempt an interview.

Basically what are my options? Is there something I’m missing or is music just getting harder to find?

• variants@possumpat.io
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

I tried getting music through usenet and ended up just caving and joining my friends Spotify family plan because it was such a pain. I still have lidarr synced with Spotify so as I find new music it tracks it and tries to pull it but most fails

• papertowels@lemmy.one
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

As a fellow lemming, someone who manages their own Plex server, and generally self-hosts services as a hobby, the simplicity of this comment has me rolling.

Sometimes the shit you pay for just works, lol.

• supervent@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

Algorithm, pragmatism and easy of use. The time I would have to dedicate to it is worth more than what a family Spotify account costs me

• Uiop@lemmy.dbzer0.com
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

yeah, sounds reasonable, untill i open up my Firefox-Browser with ublock origin and go on the spotify website, where i have more usability than my friend who pays for it and uses their phone app

• supervent@lemmy.dbzer0.com
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              8 months ago

yeah, but when you want your playlist downloaded for when you are traveling or offline…you could not. Well I prefer to pay 30€ yearly for convenience. Some others pay for a VPN or usenet provider, others like me, for spotify. However for movies and TV shows I never stopped sailing seas.