I’ve used ComfyUI for a few days now and overall it seems like the quality of the generated images are a bit lower than what I can do in AUTOMATIC1111. Sometimes the difference is subtle (maybe just selection bias) and sometimes the difference is pretty clear. I’ve done my best to get the settings and inputs to be equal in both tools. Side question: is it normal for the same seed to generate different outputs in different tools?

I’m using medvram on A1111 and I thought I read that’s the default for Comfy as well. Not using xformers in either case. No HiResFix. No face restoration.

Only definite difference I’ve seen is that Comfy uses “pytorch cross attention” and A1111 uses “Automatic” cross attention optimization (didn’t see a pytorch option).

Example of what I’m seeing (NSFW - ladies in bikinis): https://imgur.com/a/LzAzKfV

Update: IMGUR removed my generated images so I’ll just attach them here. First one is Comfy and second one is A1111.

• wedge_film@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Regarding different outputs for the same seed: have You changed seed source to CPU in A1111? The noise You get that way is consistent across different hardware vendors and different from the GPU-sourced one.

I have used A1111 just now to check and got very simmilar results to ComfyUI that way.

• BrianTheeBiscuiteer@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I tried setting A1111 to CPU/GPU/NV generator sources and none were close to the Comfy outputs. You have a pretty vanilla A1111 install? Maybe I’ve tweaked too many things that I’ve forgotten about.

I am also using Python 3.11 which isn’t officially supported by A1111 so that could cause issues maybe? Never saw any issues with using the newer version and I’m using the recommended library versions.

• wedge_film@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Pretty much vanilla, only --xformers --medvram arguments and CPU seed. In that case, someone with more A1111 experience should weigh in, mine is limited, I mainly use comfy nowadays and probably am not up-to-date with development.