• Rediphile@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

If people are as productive in 4 days as they are in 5 days, I don’t see how the employer would be sacrificing anything at all. They would just be saving a day of office lighting bills.

• Cringe2793@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

The employer will see that you “could” be doing more work, since you accomplish everything in 4 hours. “You don’t have enough work to occupy your time”, they’d say in my country.

That’s why people act busy. Because when you’re efficient, you get punished with more work.

• KevonLooney@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

This is true. My company has afternoons off in the summer (4.5 day work weeks). Basically they acknowledge that no one is doing anything after lunch on a Friday.

The same amount of actual work gets done. It’s actually more efficient because no one is coming up with useless meetings and busywork.

• Ookami38@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

The “sacrifice” is number of total man hours going down. Nevermind that the remaining hours are vastly superior to the ones you lose, that’s a number that’s smaller, and unless that’s “how much we’re paying”, numbers being smaller is a bad thing, mmkay?