• Todesschnitzel@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Using the app forces you to log in (via email or similar). And that can be backtracked to you if you’re not careful!

• TheEntity@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

The last time I checked, they didn’t even require clicking any confirmation email. Every time I visit a McDonald’s I reinstall their app and just create a new bullshit account with a temporary email which I don’t even need to check. For all they know, you might have created an account with my email and agreed to the terms (just an example). It’s unenforceable on so many levels I’m dumbfounded.

• starman2112@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Are you gonna do a perjury and say it wasn’t you that made the account? As much as I tell myself “oops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I accidentally clicked a button without reading what it said,” I’m not ready to keep that up with a lawyer going through my account history and showing that I ordered a baconator and a whopper on July 19th 2021, and they happen to have video of me inside the store picking up that exact order that I paid for with my credit card

• Todesschnitzel@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

But not everyone does that. I would as well… if I visited there. Which I don’t. Because I am fucking paranoid. But this is the way to go… unless you use coupons from the app which would prove you using it and thus having accepted that you wont make fat stacks suing them.