Hey there thanks for the app and all, I really like using it :) some feedback from me:

On the UI, I think the floating plus button on the homescreen is unnecessary, as searching for a sub/finding it in the subscription list and pressing the create button is just as fast. The fab plus takes up too much space unnecessarily imo. But I understand if this is a personal preference by some of the creators.

In the menu were we select federations, lemmyworld is also avalaible. I’m part of Feddit, but not lemmyworld. Would it be possible to use my account from feddit for upvotes and comments while browsing lemmyworld’s ALL? Until now it’s too much of a burden with ‘open in other instance’… just takes too many interactions. I have the feddit stream, but I appreciate the different content on lemmyworld.

• sloonark@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Yes I agree that the + fab should be removed or shrunk or something. It seems silly to have a big coloured button for a feature that isn’t used that often, especially on the home page.

• CapeData@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I agree with cleaning up the navigation bar and fab ‘+’. Perhaps incorporate the + symbol into the nav bar or just make it less obtrusive. Also would like to see an option to hide the navigation bar when scrolling. Keep up the good work!

• Dettweiler@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You should be able to add your instance by either navigating to it and selecting “add instance” from the main page, or by adding it under Settings>Hamburger Menu. You can also remove instances to lean out your everything feed, too.

I do agree with changing the default look of the create button, since it’s taking up some valuable screen space. I’m assuming the dev is trying to promote people to post more by having it always be visible.

• Anamana@feddit.deOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

My instance is already added, but I want to browse lemmyworlds ALL from time to time as well. Then it would be nice to automatically do it through my feddit account, so that I can vote/comment etc… without creating a new lemmyworld account.

I’m assuming the dev is trying to promote people to post more by having it always be visible.

That’s what I thought as well, but I never actually use it when posting. Best example is this post :D