After the blackout I deleted all my posts and comments on reddit using the PowerDeleteSuite, and since then I’ve come back weekly to find comments existing on my account. I’ve been deleting them by hand now that the API is unusable. Does reddit pull these out of a backup? Do I just now see all of my comments? What’s the reason these comments keep showing up?

• ndguardian@lemmy.studio
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I ran PowerDeleteSuite a week or two ago initially, and since then I’ve seen the occasional post or comment reappear every few days. That seems to have stopped now for me though.

I’m genuinely curious what the cause is, especially since I had them overwritten before deleting, and they would still come back to the unedited content.

• Dark_Blade@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I read somewhere that it could be a consequence of communities that were once private being ‘reopened’. I’m gonna check my own account in a few days, to see if any content has popped back up on my profile.

• MadMauriceOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Actually I just ran a search on Google with my user name and restricted to reddit and I found loads of comments undeleted that do not show up in my comment view. I think Reddit just does not show me all my comments to begin with. Maybe they have some sort of caching of recent/top/controversial comments and it just get’s updated slowly.