• hyperreal@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Have you checked out the quickstart guide? You need to fork manna_harbour/miryoku_zmk and use the workflow found in Actions > Build Inputs.

Personally, I prefer to take manna_harbour’s excellent miryoku layout as a basis and write my own keymap, using the existing documentation as a guide. There’s alot more trial and error but you’ll have a better understanding of how the firmware works when you’ve got it working. I find the GitHub Actions-based workflow for building firmware overly complicated for my personal use case.

• MediaRefugee@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yes, I cloned the repo and tried build inputs, but the build fails with the same issue the poster in the other thread has, apparently related to seeeduino_xiao_ble boards. Manna_harbour said:

The shield has been updated to use ZMK main now, so the outboard will need updating. For now you can use zmkfirmware/zmk/main with the workflow branches option to override the old value.

But I don’t see how to do this. Master is the only option when I use the build inputs action.

I did try making my own similar layout with vial before, but my new board uses zmk and setting everything up by hand looks very fussy when I could just use an existing firmware that does what I want. … If I can get it to build, anyway.

• Manna Harbour@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Edit: see https://lemmy.world/comment/1025033.

There are 2 repos involved, ZMK and Miryoku ZMK.

The branch selector in the workflow is for choosing which Miryoku ZMK branch to build from. Unless you’ve made your own branch in your fork or you’ve manually sync’d an experimental branch from upstream, you’ll only have the main branch in your fork.

The branches field in the workflow is used for selecting and merging ZMK forks and branches. That’s what you need to do here, so put zmkfirmware/zmk/main in the workflow branches field.

And thanks for the reminder to fix the issue!

• Manna Harbour@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

That issue was specifically for revxlp (being one of the few boards that required a ZMK fork), not for xiao ble in general. Can you link your failed build run? I don’t know chiper36, so unless it’s compatible with an already supported shield (and you build for that shield) it won’t be supported. See https://github.com/manna-harbour/miryoku/discussions/81. If you have a ZMK keyboard definition for it I can add it to Miryoku ZMK.