Migration complete. We should no longer experience weird glitches of the site not working due to problems fetching images and this causing backend errors.

Update 2: Stopping media service for 10 minutes or less to finalize the migration.

Update 1: We are migrating media files to a new object storage provider. There should be no degraded performance, but if you experience any this might be the cause.

I’ll keep you updated in this thread. You should experience no issues since this migration does not require us to stop the image service until the very end. In case you do experience any issues, this is probably the cause.

• EldritchBagel@yiffit.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

@Wander@yiffit.net Is there a general questions or feedback thread somewhere? I’m currently in the process of exploring other instances and trying to figure out if this one’s for me or not.

• Wander@yiffit.netOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

No specific thread, but you can ask here or make a post from scratch at !meta@yiffit.net.

You can also DM me. Let me know if you’ve sent me a DM since if you post from Mastodon I can confirm that I’ve gotten it, just in case.