• Sibbo@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I really like the idea of allowing super force building to construct and deconstruct landfill. But I think this mechanic should already be present with normal force building, because adding and removing landfill under something you want to build is not destructive. Now we are forced to use super force whenever there is any water in the way, and may accidentally delete useful stuff as well.

• dogpound@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

You will be able to interact with landfill like any other entity. It will not be tied to the super force building feature. You can see this in the second to last gif where landfill is manually removed by tile and also by deconstruction planner. They always wanted to add the option to remove landfill but the extra work it would take to fix the code to make it possible made them put it lower on the priority list, but with the introduction of super force building they were kind of forced to address the landfill problem.

• Deestan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I feel like they are just reading my mind at this point.

Last week I was frustrated with having to update all buffer and requester chests everytime I had researched better tech and train fuel. Ta-da! Logistics groups!

Then I was literally mildly annoyed when building a rail line through my solar field and across a belt bus. Ta-da! Super force build!

Current annoyance is repetitive fiddling with belt balancing, so will see if they make that smoother somehow.