• Nobody@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

I’m still not seeing why Israel is being treated as a priority over or at least equal to Ukraine. Ukraine is up against a legitimately strong adversary using human wave tactics. Israel is dropping bombs seemingly indiscriminately on mostly civilians. Ukraine is fighting for its existence. Israel is getting revenge on its much, much weaker neighbor.

If Iran and its proxies enter the war, that might change the calculations, but that hasn’t happened yet.

• glimse@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Israel is also rich as fuck with a strong military. They do not need financial support.

• hitmyspot@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

And the more support Israel gets to kill those civilians the more likely sympathetic regional neighbours would be inclined to join. And rightly so. It’s genocide.

• zerfuffle@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

Agreed. Even if Iran enters the war, it will be to stop a genocide. I don’t understand why the US is so keen to tie themselves to Netanyahu’s government.

• teichflamme@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

Yeah, Iran is known as a moral beacon in the region, holding up human rights.

The only reason they would enter a war is, of course, to stop a so called genocide

• Pasta4u@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

We have already given the Ukraine over a 100b in funds. We don’t need to give them anymore. I also don’t want us to give aid to anyone.