fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

I let perfect be the enemy of good.

I’m doing my part, for the Republicans!

People are always ready with some morality test but the cold hard truth is trying to enforce your absolutes on others is not going to work out. It just backs you into a corner supporting a turd sandwich. Compromises suck though. Can’t have that. You do you.

• BartsBigBugBag@lemmy.tf
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

What good dude? We murder civilians in multiple countries every year regardless of who’s in power. Trump and Obama both indiscriminately murdered civilians with drone strikes, Biden expanded police funding more than any president before him. Hilary Clinton bragged and laughed about overthrowing a democratically elected government. Nearly all Dems and republicans voted in favor of expanding the military budget by billions of dollars even though we just ended a fucking war. We’re definitively the most evil country that has existed on this planet since at least the Dawn of the modern nation-state, and more blood is on the hands of Americans than any other nation on earth.

• Vqhm@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

Several presidents have put tax dollars to work on medical research. For example the The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) paved the way for money for the PreP trials in 2005.

Obama kicked off precision medicine and gene research.

Obama’s HITECH Act reformed HIPAA in a way that improved outcomes for patients and the industry.

But yea, everything is black and white. Conflicts in Africa and the middle east are the only concern I could ever have.

I especially do not care at all about any medical advancements or harm reductions.

Everyone must survive and no one can ever be harmed or everything is lost.

You know you sound just like the every sperm is sacred anti abortion activists.

War = so bad we must sabotage anyone involved in war and trade all our liberties, freedoms, health, etc just to not have war!

• Count042@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

Harm reduction stops working as an argument when it is facilitating genocide.