I’m glad liftoff is opening web links in Firefox now, but I want YouTube videos to open in revanced so as to avoid ads. Slide used to have a built in YouTube viewer, which was great (no idea how it worked but it played zero ads too). YouTube broke it recently before Reddit broke the API, but there’s always Vanced/Revanced… Any chance we can get that working?

• fisco™🇬🇧🇺🇦@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I have YouTube links set to open in Newpipe by default…Should be able to do this by opening the app info for your Revanced app, and set the default to open supported links, & make sure all the supported link addresses are present & enabled.

• rexxit@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I set it as default and Liftoff is still opening in Firefox. It’s probably related to “in-app browser” settings for liftoff.

EDIT: I turned in-app browser off and it works now

• Album@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

In your system level settings for revanced (eg settings>apps>revanced>open by default) you can control what URLs open in the app. You need to enable the YouTube URLs and then everything will open in revanced.

You can do this with other apps. Like for your Lemmy app to make sure Lemmy links open in it.

• rexxit@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I’ve done this, it doesn’t change Liftoff’s behavior.

EDIT: I turned in-app browser off and it works now