• Orvanis@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

AirBNB is only good if it is an extremely unique/convenient location and there are no hotels reasonably nearby. Otherwise Hotel absolutely > AirBNB

• Fredselfish @lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

225 a night hotel would be a freaking dream. Most hotels cost 100 a night. I agree a cabin in the woods our somewhere else special.

But landlords are putting up ordinary homes up and people actually rent them. More money then sense.

• JeffCraig@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

My problem is that people talk as if these are the only options.

There are other services, like VRBO, that do the same thing and usually have the same properties. AirBNB is garbage now, so just use an alternative that doesn’t have the same bad policies and high fees.

• MusketeerX@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah exactly.

I’ve stayed in apartments a lot when travelling, but I’ve never used AirBNB. Not because of any reason against them, but I’ve just tended to use other online services/sites.

• SolarNialamide@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Agreed. If I’m going on vacation I avoid cities as much as possible and want to be in the middle of nowhere in nature. That means no hotels for 10s of kilometers, but there’s usually at least one person renting out a room or something similar. I’ve also never experienced any of the things in this meme in places like that, but that could also be because it’s an American thing, which wouldn’t surprise me.

• bitcoin@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Exactly. Hotels are maybe good in the cities, when you need a simple boring room. But when you’re out in the nature or wish to stay in the more interesting place, have a celebration for family/friends gathering - it’s Air BnB all the way.