• chiliedogg@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

If you’re already paying for the Music subscription, it only costs that much more to have the whole family on premium music and video.

It’s actually a pretty fair price for all of that for the amount my family uses it.

I put myself, my gf, and my parents as users on the plan years ago and we all get unlimited, ad-free-ish (still have channel sponsored segments for anyone not using Vanced), streaming for less than 4 bucks a month per person.

It’s easily the paid service that gets the most use per dollar for my family.

I still wish it was GPM instead of YTMusic, because YT music still doesn’t have feature parity with GPM years after they killed it.

• Wilibus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

I was also a GPM user though I will admit everything I used has finally made its way to YTM. So I can’t complain about this anymore and it still a superior offering to the yo-ho alternatives.

The price is not the issue. $3/month is incredibly reasonable, especially given how much I use YouTube. The issue is how they are bullying people into paying it, at that point it doesn’t matter how good the deal was.

• Wilibus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Just double checked this. Currently I am paying for a family plan which gives me 5 users and it costs $18.99 CAD. The family plan with 5 users is $22.99

I believe this recently increased because I kinda ticked off when they launched Stadia and sent all the YT premium customers free Stadias that came with Chromecast Ultras and I recall feeling like an idiot for not having the right plan and Google not being willing to switch me over and give me the free hardware.