Apple Music isn’t the best streaming music service — it’s just the least annoying::Competitors like Spotify and YouTube Music may be your first choice for music on Android, but you might want to reconsider

• whs@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I looked into that as I listened to my playlist most of the time. And then I realize nano.RIPE after 10 years still unable to be purchased outside iTunes Japan or Japanese speaking websites.

• XTornado@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

Uhmm it’s pretty clear to me.

He says that after 10 years “nano.RIPE” music still cannot be purchased outside Japan.

I guess his point is that sadly that is not always a solution (outside piracy) as sometimes you cannot actually buy certain music, but I am guessing is actually available to be played on the streaming subscription service.

• lud@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

Oh, “nano.RIPE” is a name. I thought it was a spelling mistake.

• sic_semper_tyrannis@feddit.ch
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

I didn’t know what nano.RIPE was and still don’t really (maybe a musician or store), but I understand enough to know what he’s saying now. I know not all music is available but quite a bit is (this was surprising to me). Maybe the outlying songs are left to pirating. That’s a personal predicament.