Apple Music isn’t the best streaming music service — it’s just the least annoying::Competitors like Spotify and YouTube Music may be your first choice for music on Android, but you might want to reconsider

• Dran@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I did say it had been a couple of years, and this was all true when I stopped using it a few years back.

1. Yeah some album art is pretty distracting, especially when it goes from dark to light at a song switch. You can’t tell me that I’m the only one that might distract while driving.

1a.Car mode deprication in 2021 without a replacement at the time: https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/26/22803670/spotify-retiring-car-view-android-mobile-playback-auto-driving

1. Yes there’s a global toggle, but if it is not to your liking, there’s no way to take X song and boost it 20%.

2. Per device as in per-bluetooth, not per-app. When you have bad car speakers but good headphones you might want wildly different EQs.

3. If memory serves, I did try that. It still opened itself constantly. Most people probably aren’t monitoring background activities on their phones, but it was like 15-30wakelocks/hr just to exist.

4. This was with hq on. And automatic adjustment off. I can’t describe it other than flat and crunchy but there’s something to it, or at least there was in ~2021