• smokingManhole@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

The timing couldn’t be better. For me, the only thing missing from Firefox for Android (or, even better, Mull) was a translation feature; otherwise, it was perfect. The lack of translation was the only reason I found myself opening the Chrome app, and I am eagerly looking forward to no longer needing it.

I was once a fervent supporter of Google, but now see it moving towards Apple’s approach. This shift doesn’t feel like the result of malicious intent on the part of Google’s engineers, but rather a change driven by non-technical roles (business, marketing, …) aiming to boost revenue margins. When these roles lead a company’s direction, you can already hear the ticking clock of its fate.

• NHishimachi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Get “Translate Web Pages (TWP)” Addon for Firefox via custom addons collection! It does love translations of websites just like how the built in translator in chrome does!

• Astaroth@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

TWP is even better than just google translate because it lets you choose between Google, Bing, Yandex, and DeepL translations, if a translation looks sus you can take a look at what the other translation engines say.

At least on PC

• Gestrid@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Is that available on Firefox for Android? I’m not seeing it in the menu.