Houston lawsuit seeks to halt looming “Death Star” bill

• Drusas@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I could probably manage to be a temporary moderator with how much I’m online lately. I certainly like to report alt right assholes, so blocking them or removing their content isn’t far off.

Don’t know that I can say I can do it long-term, however. Especially if it becomes very big.

Edit: I myself am on kbin.social, but I subscribe to duplicate magazines/communities on other instances.

• HandsHurtLoL@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m realizing that I myself am probably going to end up being a moderator … Ugh

I used to mod on reddit back in like 2012 and I knew how much time it took and I got way too consumed with it, but I think the priority isn’t that moderators are vigilant 24 hours a day, but that users who harm the community are actively removed within a reasonable amount of time. Also the sub I used to mod went from like 6k to 10k users while I was there. There are maybe 25 people max on !politics 🤣🤣

Go leave a comment on the thread and I’ll sort of wrap it up tonight with a proposal for 3 of us to approach Ernest about adding us as mods.

• Drusas@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah, I’ve been a moderator on small subs. I am not able to commit to something very large, but I’m happy to help out and am online frequently.