• MerylasFalguard@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I almost made a Beehaw account since I saw a bunch of the communities I wanted to join were on there and it kept logging me out when I went to them.

I managed to figure it out after seeing that making an account there needs an essay. So I guess I’m just gonna stay based here, waiting to see if and when kbin opens itself up to the rest of the fediverse (since I joined there first but came here when I saw that kbin is currently blocking itself off from everyone else, which is exactly what I didn’t want when making the jump from Reddit to the fediverse).

• bobbysq@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

You can still follow Beehaw communities (or ones on any other instance) from this instance, you just have to view them from lemmy.world. If you check the “all” tab under “communities” you should be able to see some of them and also search for them.

• weepingSpright@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I have a Beehaw account and an account here (I know I know, sorry, but I like having 2 accounts to keep certain things separate). I think I wrote like 2 sentences and got accepted in 5 minutes.

• dustedhands@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I don’t think multiple accounts are a problem unless you’re sockpuppeting, upvoting yourself or doing anything similar.

• weepingSpright@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Yeah no, I’m ethical. I don’t interact with myself online, just use to it try to stay anonymous if I use one account to sometimes share more personal things.