Why do actors hold the steering wheel so obvious in the wrong angle relatively to the driving direction on trailer shots? Oh my ocd…

• bowreality@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Don’t get me started when they drink coffee from a cup that’s clearly empty🙄

• rm_dash_r_star@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

At least they use car mounted cameras and actually drive the car. Cracks me up on old movies when they’re doing front shots and you can clearly tell there’s a screen behind the car playing the background.

Anyway it’s probably just actors failing to act naturally. If you think about it when you first get in the car you always start with both hands on the wheel, then after going a ways you go to a more natural position. They get in the car put their hands on the wheel and director says action, haven’t been at the wheel long enough to get comfortable.

• many_bees@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

The front shot & green screen baffles me. They did that in the first season of True Detective a few times with Matthew McConaughey’s character. He’s moving the wheel left and right and it’s a fucking straight road in the background. One of the greatest seasons of TV, but those shots always take me out of it and make me laugh. Why did they think it looked good??

• Scooter411@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Because the outside shots and the inside shots of the car are not being filmed at the same time.

• joolezOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

But they are driving on a straight road for miles and they steer like they are in an italian village. I have seen this in multiple movies and series. Wonder why they ignore this important Detail (at least for me).