What’s everyone using for status monitoring and/or status pages either in their lab or at work?

I setup a status page for my fediverse instances using Uptime Robot (have an existing subscription), and the features are kinda lacking. I feel like they haven’t really updated anything in the last 5 years which is unfortunate.

• suth@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Maybe it’s been implemented by now, but when I set it up I was disappointed to realize there’s not an API. Previously I was using Statping and had a Slack bot that employee could use to check the status of everything. I saw that there was a project you could install alongside Uptime Kuma to add API endpoints, but I didn’t take the time to set it up.

• jax@lemmy.cloudhub.socialOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

We’re looking at that at work and it seems pretty good. I’d probably want to host it external to where my lab cluster is though otherwise it’s kind of pointless, eh?

• Parsnip8904@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

That’s true, I thought of hosting it on a VPS but then VPN is another moving part that can fail. I ended up putting it in a mini-pc on the same stack as firewall and modem so that it is relatively stable.

This left me with the problem that I don’t want to expose my docker socket from each host so I’ve to use the network based tools rather than the built in docker monitoring. If you host it in the cluster itself, it shouldn’t be a problem.