• cia@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I hate when people do this. I saw someone left a milk carton on an unrefrigerated shelf the other day smh

• RQG@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

Leaving to be cooled goods in unrefrigerated places I agree. However as a dad I know it’s just not possible to bring back every damn item the kids grabbed on some days when they got a rebellious phase. I’d rather leave one Kinder egg on the shelf somewhere and do everyone the favor of getting my yelling kid out of the store quickly than bring it back while they got 3 new things they absolutely need to survive.

• PM_ME_FEET_PICS@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

I’m the opposite. If it was sitting in your cart for 10 minutes or more then it needs to be tossed. Leaving reefer and frozen items in sections like this signals employees to destroy the item.

• Mouselemming@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

Yes, there’s a difference between lazy and desperate. Desperate is 80% of the day for parents of toddlers. Including the overnight hours. Just, if you have to ditch the cold stuff, give it to an employee at the registers so they can can get it back to the freezer/fridge.

• Varyk@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

I walk this lonely road,
    abandoning kinder eggs as I’m told,
    Don’t know where they’re from,
    I won’t put them back since I am glum,

♪…♪
    ♪…♪

Boulevard of kinder treats,
    Deserted, mom-rejected candy streets,
    Kinder egg now sleeps,
    Among tins of sweet cream, it lies alone

♪…♪
    ♪…♪

• hOrni@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

It’s funniest when it’s a child’s toy left on a vodka shelf. People do this on purpose.