I’ve been playing DayZ for a bit over a year. I played mostly on private PvE servers and now know Livonia pretty well. Just this last week I decided to give official a try on a First Person Only NYC server. 2 days in I’ve had 4 fire fights killed 3 players and the pure rush of survival is just amazing. I’m glad I gave PvP a try. I will probably stay more on official now. Dying and losing everything is part of the fun. PvE was boring being geared all the time with no real chances to take. Just wanted to post about how much I have been loving this game. I hope the updates keep rolling out for a long time to come.

• cnnrduncan@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Man I should give it another go sometime, I used to play the mod with my little brother about a decade ago! Ended up hosting my own server so that we could avoid constantly being killed by much older players, which taught me to dislike dealing with SQL and databases as a teenager…

• chameleon@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I really enjoyed the mod as well! The retail version never really grabbed me in the same way but I’m glad people are still discovering and enjoying it years later. I’ll never forget the friends we met and great times we had on our group’s custom server.

• Aussiemandeus @lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I loved dayz years ago, but with constant online servers i cant play. I dont have the time to commit to s game that when i come back too i might have been raided.