Do you believe that men who have successfully transitioned should be allowed to compete in women’s sports? Let’s not attack each other and just give our opinion and give educated, civil answers

• rustydomino@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

OK - this is a legit example. But to my point, it’s a regional bike race in North Carolina. Meanwhile, anti-trans legislation has it’s own wikipedia page. There are hundreds of anti-trans bills on the legislative docket, and some have passed and been signed into law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_rights_in_the_United_States

If you want to start a list I would be interested to see it, just to see exactly how pervasive a problem it actually is.

I get that sports are important to people. But in the big picture of things, my personal opinion (this is still a discussion, right? we’re still allowed to have opinions, right?) is that, here and now in the USA is not the appropriate time to discuss how to allow trans-women to participate in sports. Imagine if the discussion about Jackie Robinson integrating MLB went a different way. “He’s too dominant, we shouldn’t allow black people to play MLB.” Now of course it didn’t go that way (thankfully). But it could have.

• M Force @exploding-heads.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

We could make a list. I’m gonna make a broad statement that there is no anti trans legislation. There is only protect children legislation and that wiki page is maintained by groomers. Maybe you can find a small piece of legislation that effects a small percentage of adult transitioners but for the most part these laws are here to stop parents from castrating their children

• rustydomino@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

do you need me to cite ALL the cases of non-trans people that are ACTUAL pedophiles and groomers? And then while we’re at it why don’t we also list all the actual trans individuals that have been convicted of pedophila? I will give you a heads up that the former is FAR greater (orders of magnitude greater) than the latter.

• M Force @exploding-heads.com
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Anyone who transitions a child is a groomer j would say. Maybe not yet a pedo but maybe something worse. Castrating a child is arguably worse than raping them one time.

I think if some guy stuck his PP in my mouth one time as a child I could recover (with therapy and maybe with lost potential) but removing my balls and it giving me puberty blockers that cause micro penis would destroy my body for a life time.

Of course most trans are not pedos. (Though their pedo rate is higher than the general population). I wasn’t even making that argument. After 18 kids can decide for themselves if they want to chop their balls off.