link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/06/trump-civil-fraud-trial-00125515

“I’m not a windmill person,” he said at one point.

“I have a castle,” he said at another.

Of his golf course in Aberdeen, Scotland, he testified: “At some point, maybe in my very old age, I’ll go there and do the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen. Aberdeen is the oil capital of Europe, very rich,” Trump began to say, but he was interrupted by the judge shouting, “Irrelevant!” Trump murmured, “It is.”

Hours into his testimony, Trump attempted to read from a piece of paper he retrieved from his pocket. “I’d love to read this, your honor, if I could. Am I allowed to do that?” Trump asked. The judge said no.

On his way out of court, Kise further applauded Trump’s performance, telling reporters: “In 33 years, I’ve never had a witness testify better.”

This would be a blockbuster comedy if it wasn’t real

• Bananigans@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

The way reality keeps pirating the onion’s articles, it’s a wonder they’re still in business.

• Knusper@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Hours into his testimony, Trump attempted to read from a piece of paper he retrieved from his pocket. “I’d love to read this, your honor, if I could. Am I allowed to do that?” Trump asked. The judge said no.

Now I’m just imagining him reading a chapter of Shakespeare or something, like he thought he was in literature club.

Not that I could imagine Trump visiting a literature club, but I can imagine him thinking it.

• statist43@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

A haiku he wrote l, and then turned into an irrelevant essay about some golfclubs and pussygrabbing.

Sry Im not american and dont know what shit he talks about.