• FreeBooteR69@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Ok let’s see more universities around the world put these claims to the test, ones perhaps with more prestige.

• MuuuaadDib@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

How many doctors and researchers will you need to accept this isn’t a normal biological find? They have had others already investigate them, and at what point do we accept their findings? If you think this doctor’s credentials do not meet the criteria for respectable what is respectable? I am honestly curious, I can shrug and say ok so that’s interesting and move on, my life literally doesn’t change.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

Lots, more than a university nobody has heard of. There’s a number of prestigious universities and medical sciences facilities out there. Peer reviewed and properly critiqued. That’s how science works, more professional people the better.

• MuuuaadDib@lemm.eeOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

Ok, so all the best and most favored colleges study it and say it’s real, then what? Then what happens, your reality implodes life changes? Or it doesn’t matter and you continue on. Just like exactly what happens now, with these doctors studying this and saying it’s real.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

If the evidence survives a rigorous peer reviewed process and a plurality of scientists agree, then i’ll believe it.

• MuuuaadDib@lemm.eeOP
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              8 months ago

Ok so it is found to be an NHI, and then what? Will your world implode? Will you pivot to ghosts and cryptids to rail against in your quest to dismiss things that you don’t like? I think it’s interesting, but it’s not going to change my life, if we meet NHI and they give us free energy then I will care.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                8 months ago

No, i think it is healthy to have a questioning mind and not just accept anything somebody says. I don’t believe in ghosts, big foot, ogopogo , or visiting aliens. Do i think life exists elsewhere even though i have no aliens on hand to prove it, yes. I believe it’s likely life exists elsewhere because all the components necessary for life to exists exists here and throughout the universe. If life can evolve here it can evolve somewhere else.
                The problem i have with the idea of visiting aliens is the time and distances involved. It just seems incredibly unlikely any machine or life could survive for such long periods in the vastness of space. Does it mean i think it’s impossible, no, just unlikely. So if somebody comes to me with a tale of thousand year old corpses of aliens, i’m going to be skeptical and demand proof.
                The UFO world is full of grifters and delusional people and being skeptical of outlandish claims is natural and a sign of a healthy thinking mind.

• MuuuaadDib@lemm.eeOP
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  8 months ago

Ok so why do you care? What if all of that is real, and you are very wrong, then what? So, you are wrong and it’s all real and your life doesn’t change. Why do you think it necessary to worry about this in the first place and try to dismiss or debunk anything? Real or fake, it doesn’t matter, but you are wasting real time in your life on this tilting at paranormal windmills.

• TheLordHumungus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Aliens are made of wet toilet paper? Galactic conquest will be easier for humans than I initially thought. PREPARE THE GENERATION SHIPS!