• CashewNut 🏴󠁢󠁥󠁧󠁿@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Clearly my anti-Belgian humour is taken very seriously round hhere. The 2westerneuropean4u people would all agree with me and upvote this.

In truth I love Belgium and gained about 2kg in weight when I went to Bruges and ate their entire stock of chocolate causing a minor economic meltdown in the city. I’m very fond of the Dutch Belgians. The Flems? Flanders? The good-Belgians. The French ones not so much. Too similar to the actual French who no one likes. I don’t know how those poor Flems put up with them tbh. Can you imagine if the Welsh spoke French? I mean it’s bad enough they speak that impossible gibberish language of there’s but at least it’s not bloody onion-speech!

One of my favourite Youtubers is Belgian - Bitt3rSteel! If you like HOI4 you’ll love his vids. Strangely he’s got a slight Scottish accent when speaking English so I didn’t realise he was Belgian until he corrected me in comments!

That’s another thing Belgians are good at - languages!! Belgians seem to know about 5 fluently from birth!