So, I get that someone is trying to populate this community with posts using the lemmit.online bot. And that the vast majority of us are coming from Reddit. And that AITA is a staple community that we’re used to seeing in our feeds.

However, it seems like that just copying content into an otherwise empty community is just feeding a sterile wasteland. There is almost no engagement on the copied posts, and worse: I think it will smother any actual new content that gets posted in this wasteland of copied content. (I stand corrected, after trying to post this there I found out that only mods have priveleges to post. It’s worse than I thought, and I’ll probably just block it from my feed if it’s only a Reddit echo chamber)

What do you think, AITA?

• CoralMask146@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I can see both sides of it. Sometimes, you just need a little activity to get stuff going. Otherwise, newcomers coming and seeing empty posts can turn them away

But in this case specifically (mods can only post and it’s all copy-paste from Reddit), I’d block them too