• zuhayr@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

If you disconnect your existing connection, and got a new one using another name, saying that you’re new occupant, you can get that new connection discount (over and over again).

• 丂イ乇尺レノ刀ム@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve never had to disconnect. Once the discount has expired, I just go online and check the prices for changing my internet speed. Most of the time there’s a discounted one (with a contract agreement of course). But I’ve been switching back and forth between different speeds for years and saved a lot of money that way. Also buy your own modem/router instead of paying rental fees for their equipment.

• Maslo@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Careful, sometimes they’ll come out just to pull your plug from a concentrator when you disconnect, or it just happens when they’re hooking up a new customer and yours gets unplugged to make room. But then they turn around and charge like $50 just to come out and plug that back in for a new install. That can be the entire install, you can bring your own modem and have everything fine inside, but some yahoo charges $50 to come out and plug some coax into a concentrator in a box 20 ft from your house that they unplugged for free last week.

• squozenode@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

With Time Warner you don’t even have to do that you can just call up and ask, they’ll probably give you the discount. They absolutely do not care.