Saw this passing my Mastodon feed, watched it and found it relatable. Maybe an ok resource to share to all and help spread awareness? What do you think?

• Tak@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I got anxious just watching this. I didn’t expect to find a video that so easily conveys how lost I get when people can’t be genuine with me.

• Bookmarked!
    This film is excellent work. Everything, the camera work, the sound, the choice of music to help tell the story. Invasion, unease, confusion, hypersensitivity, the internalising of stress, sensory overwhelm, loneliness … literally made tangible in seven-and-a-half minutes. Watched it three times and with earbuds too, and i felt like having lost track of time while watching it. Thought it was like three minutes short but it’s actually a five minute walk.

• moitoi@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

All the movies should be like this short film. It would make them easily understand for me and by the way enjoyable.

I don’t want to translate each scene I see and ear.

• seabisquit@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This film says it tries to visualize a meltdown - does this actually count as a meltdown? Because if it does I might not be having “small panic attacks” every time I go to the supermarket lol. I always thought meltdowns were an outward thing, with screaming and throwing things and stuff, and the opposite are shutdowns (which I do have sometimes when it gets really bad, then I can’t talk for several days etc). I might have to look into meltdowns some more…

• zarmanto@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I absolutely related to several of the elements of this video – but there’s one issue that I don’t deal with quite as much myself, that I know my daughter struggles with: misophonia. I’m going to have to show this video to her, as I think that bit with the bird noises probably conveys a good sense of how she feels about certain sounds.