Decent race that for the most part, plenty of action, some really poor decisions costing Ferrari and McLaren during the safety car.

11 wins in a row for RBR. Max is always ruining things for everyone haha!

• t_jpeg@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I honestly think Verstappen has an effect on Perez’s confidence. Maybe if he wasn’t there, Perez would actually perform better because of lack of pressure to keep up with a generational talent.

• grumpyoldgit@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

All the top drivers have this effect, they make very good drivers look average. Alonso and Hamilton have a habit of crushing their team mates too.

• Ecksell@lemmy.one
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

Except that one guy who defeated Lewis Hamilton in the same machinery to become a World’s Driver Champion

• JustAManOnAToilet@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 year ago

He didn’t have the guts to defend it. He knew he got extremely lucky and retired. Was kind of a bitch move, though I understand YouTube was an exciting career change.

• Ecksell@lemmy.one
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

That’s part of the joke lol, Rosberg brings up his championship winning season at every opportunity and it has become a meme heh

• Barbarian772@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Gasly was just never that good. Imo he is at most Top15 in driving talent. Compared to Max who is at least Top 3 if not 1 right now.

• WhoRoger@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

Just like everyone else not among the top guys, he has his great moments and crap moments. He did get a win in AT, while Hulk couldn’t even get a podium during his 50 years in F1.

Funny to say top15 this year when the competition is so fierce and almost everyone has stepped up so much. Last year I thought Yuki is trash, and now look at the guy.

I think Gasly still has it in him too, but unless Alpine steps it up like AM and Mc have shown this year, we won’t see much of it.

• arokan@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah, it could be the same case as with Bottas in Merc but it gets to his head even more. I believe his performance dropped around the time people started talking about him having a chance at winning the championship?

• DreadPilotGagarin@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I noticed this with Perez, had a good start to the season, then the second people start talking about a title race, his performance fell of a cliff. Hope he can get out of his own head, otherwise I wouldn’t be surprised is Horner and Marko are interviewing replacements.

• Barbarian772@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

But Bottas never missed Q3. Him and Perez are in a different league if you talk about ouright speed.